Deering Center Neighborhood Association
More information about the Deering Center Neighborhood Association is available at: deeringcenter.me/ or check Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DeeringCenterNeighborhoodAssociation/
Bi-Annual Meetings every spring and fall, please check deeringcenter.me for meeting announcements and to request email notifications.
We want to share with folks that we have a new website! deeringcenter.me Check it out and let us know what you think.
- Wednesday May 13th 8 - 9 pm Portland Public Schools will host a Zoom virtual Community Forum regarding Longfellow School's upcoming renovation. Information from the architects, and an opportunity to ask questions and give feedback. Click here for Zoom and other details.
- Thursday May 28th at 7 pm DCNA will resume Monthly Neighborhood Meetings (virtually with Zoom, our 1st time!). Jessica Thomas will headline our Community Conversations discussing and sharing info about her new business Handiwork Studio + Market (at the former Jet Video space). More details about the Monthly Meeting will be forthcoming next week.
- The School Budget Vote and Primary Election normally held in June has been rescheduled for Tuesday July 14th and is expected to primarily be a mail-in vote election. Click here for details on voting and mail-in absentee ballots (for anyone).
- Re the coronavirus, Click here for City resources. Click here for State resources. Both are updated on an ongoing basis and good places to regularly check in.
- Saturday 9 am Singing with Neighbors continues, to receive information & updates you need to sign up for our Singing Email List or like/follow our Facebook page. Just let us know if you'd like your name added to the Singing Email List.
- Nightly 7 pm Clapping to Support Frontline Workers continues as well, thanks Peggy Akers for leading this effort!
That's it for this week. If you have any questions, or information you'd like us to share, let us know.
The City of Portland provides space on its website for neighborhood associations to post current events. Neighborhood Associations are created and controlled by their members, not by the City. The City does not verify and is not responsible for the accuracy or content of the information that they post on the City’s website. The City of Portland reserves the right to remove posted information at any time.