Can I serve refreshments and/or sell food at my event?
If you wish to serve refreshments or sell food at your event, then a TFSL may be required -- this can be obtained through the Business Licensing Office. Please note that this license may be required even if food is given away. For more information, please call the Business Licensing Office at tel: 207-874-8557 or click here:

PLEASE NOTE: A Temporary Food Service License is NOT needed when food vendors have a current City of Portland Food License; if only pre-packaged refreshments (food & drink items) are purchased or donated from a licensed establishment; and/or if only water is served. A TFSL is needed when food vendors are not licensed, when food is being prepared and cooked at the event and/or if food is homemade.

Show All Answers

1. Is there a fee to hold an event in a park?
2. When is a permit needed for an event in a park?
3. Can I smoke in the parks?
4. Are there any public toilet facilities?
5. Where are the trash barrels?
6. Which parks have picnic tables?
7. Can I barbecue in a park?
8. Is alcohol allowed in the park?
9. Does Portland have park rangers?
10. Can I hold a birthday party for my child in a park?
11. Is there electricity I can use in a park?
12. Can I charge admission to my event?
13. Can I play amplified music or have a band/DJ play at my event?
14. Can I serve refreshments and/or sell food at my event?
15. Can I sell merchandise or other non-food items at my event?
16. Can I reserve parking spaces for my event?
17. How do I know if my event requires police or EMS assistance?
18. Can I set up a large tent or canopy at my event?
19. How do I know if my event requires insurance?
20. Can I reserve a ballfield, basketball court or tennis court?